Digital Signal Processing, TSRT78, HT2, 2020
This course describes the most important methods and algorithms for signal processing. There is a strong focus on being able to apply these to signals of various kinds. Topics include: discrete Fourier transform (DFT), signal modeling (both in the frequency and in the time domain), estimating models, spectral estimation, Wiener filtering, Kalman filtering and adaptive filtering. The course will also discuss relevant applications of signal processing, including for example, adaptive noise cancellation and submarine tracking.OBS! This year all lectures, exercises sessions, and labs will be given online.
Course StructureThis course gives 6hp (of which 1hp are labs). The course structure is as follows:
- Lectures: 14 (including invited speakers from the industry)
- Exercises sessions: 12
- Labs: 2 mandatory labs
- Homework assignments: 4 voluntary homeworks that can give up to 8 bonus points on the exam
- Exam: Exam (4 hours), including both written and computer problems
LecturesExaminer and lecturer is Isaac Skog,
Exercises sessionsAll exercise sessions done online via Zoom. Many of the exercise problems requires the use of Matlab to be solved. Matlab can be downloaded from the student portal.
|Group A||Daniel Bossér||daniel.bosser_at_liu.se|
|Group B||Magnus Malmström||magnus.malmstrom_at_liu.se|
Course materialThe course material consists of,
- Gustafsson, F., Ljung, L. and Millnert, M. "Signal Processing", 2011. A list of errata in the equations is available. The MATLAB functions for the book are available here.
- Gunnarsson, F., Tjärnström, F. and Gustafsson, F. "Signal Processing - Exercises", 2010. The data files for the exercises can be down loaded here.
- Lab instructions are available here.
Suggested readingThe appendices that finish each chapter will not be tested during the exam. However, appendix A, B and C at the end of the book are part of the course. Central parts of the course are Chapters 2.2-2.7, 3.3-3.5, 4.1-4.4, 5.1-5.5, 6.1-6.6, 7.1-7.7, 8, 9.1-9.3, 9.5-9.7 (Chapters 2.2-2.7, 3.1-3.6, 4.1-4.4, 5.1-5.3, 6.1-6.3, 7.1-7.5, 8, 9 in the 2006 Swedish version).
If you registered for the course you are automatically on the list tsrt78-ht2020_at_student.liu.se. Information will be distributed using this list.
Informationsansvarig: Isaac Skog
Senast uppdaterad: 2021-03-17