Digital Signal Processing, TSRT78, HT2, 2021
This course describes the most important methods and algorithms for signal processing. There is a strong focus on being able to apply these to signals of various kinds. Topics include: discrete Fourier transform (DFT), signal modeling (both in the frequency and in the time domain), estimating models, spectral estimation, Wiener filtering, Kalman filtering and adaptive filtering. The course will also discuss relevant applications of signal processing, including for example, adaptive noise cancellation and submarine tracking.
Course StructureThis course gives 6hp (of which 1hp are labs). The course structure is as follows:
- Lectures: 14 (including invited speakers from the industry)
- Exercises sessions: 12
- Labs: 2 mandatory labs
- Exam: Exam (4 hours), including both written and computer problems
- The use of computers is highly integrated in the course and more than half of the exercises take place in ISY's computer labs. More information about the computer labs is available here.
- The computer and Matlab are "allowed aids" during the exam. The exam takes place in ISY's computer labs.
- All students will have personal accounts and in this way have unlimited access to the computer labs also outside the scheduled time. In order to enter the computer labs and Laboteket (where the two labs takes place) you will need your LiU-card.
- Matlab can be downloaded from the student portal. This implies that you can work from home.
LecturesExaminer and lecturer is Isaac Skog,
Exercises sessionsAll exercise sessions done online via Zoom. Many of the exercise problems requires the use of Matlab to be solved. Matlab can be downloaded from the student portal.
|Group A||Daniel Bossér||daniel.bosser_at_liu.se|
|Group B||Peng Liu||peng.liu_at_liu.se|
Course materialThe course material consists of,
- Gustafsson, F., Ljung, L. and Millnert, M. "Signal Processing", 2011. A list of errata in the equations is available. The MATLAB functions for the book are available here.
- Gunnarsson, F., Tjärnström, F. and Gustafsson, F. "Signal Processing - Exercises", 2010. The data files for the exercises can be down loaded here.
- Lab instructions are available here.
Suggested readingThe appendices that finish each chapter will not be tested during the exam. However, appendix A, B and C at the end of the book are part of the course. Central parts of the course are Chapters 2.2-2.7, 3.3-3.5, 4.1-4.4, 5.1-5.5, 6.1-6.6, 7.1-7.7, 8, 9.1-9.3, 9.5-9.7 (Chapters 2.2-2.7, 3.1-3.6, 4.1-4.4, 5.1-5.3, 6.1-6.3, 7.1-7.5, 8, 9 in the 2006 Swedish version).
If you registered for the course you are automatically on the list tsrt78-ht2021_at_student.liu.se. Information will be distributed using this list.
Informationsansvarig: Isaac Skog
Senast uppdaterad: 2022-03-18